Sunday, March 30, 2008

Welcome Home Luke!

We are happy to report that we arrived home at noon today with Lucas. Our first car ride went well- he slept the entire time. Luke has fully explored the downstairs and front patio, had a belly explosion all over Mommy (we're talking serious eruption!) and is now sleeping in his crib in his new room. He loves the peace and quiet and is cherishing not getting poked and prodded every hour! It's nice to be together as a family and continue to get to know our new baby. We feel like we are experts now, as the nurses at PCH were awesome at teaching us how to feed, cloth and bathe Luke - it was like free "care and feeding of a newborn" classes.

We want to thank you all again for your support. We know that we cold not have gotten through the past 2 weeks without all of you. We will continue to post pictures, videos and updates on this blog so that you can continue to track "The journey of the great shrinking liver" if you like. Many happy spring thoughts to all of you! Now get off the computer and get out there and enjoy the weather ! I know we are!

Much love,
Jess, Joe and Luke

16 comments:

Jessica Crozier said...

Welcome home Luke! Cherish this exciting time...it goes by too quickly.

Anonymous said...

This is such fantastic news!!! Welcome home, Luke!! We are so happy that you guys are finally able to start your life together as a family at home!

Love,
Becky and Jake

Anonymous said...

Yay! Welcome home, Luke! The binky-sucking-video made me laugh out loud - he does look like Maggie Simpson! Enjoy your first week at home as new parents. Can't wait to see the whole Flowers Family soon. Love, Stephanie

Helena Handbasket said...

So glad to hear you're home! Good news.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Welcome home, Luke! I love the binky-sucking-video - it made me laugh out loud! He does look like Maggie Simpson! Enjoy your first week at home as new parents. Can't wait to see the whole Flowers Family very soon. Love, Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I came across your site and wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. My son, Daniel, was diagnosed with neuroblastoma at 14 months. He has been NED for 32 months. He is now 4 years old and doing great! I am praying that Luke's tumor shrinks on it's own.

www.caringbridge.org/pa/danielcooper

Barbara Cooper
Havertown, PA

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! I'm so happy that the three of you are home!! I will keep all three of you in my prayers. I can just feel and sense Luke's strength and determination. Look out for Luke!! He will get past this!
Blessings to all of you!
Much love, Janet Wilson

Unknown said...

Hi Jessica, Joe and Luke,

Congratulations!! I've been praying and sending lots of positive thoughts and am so happy that you are all home. My last comment got deleted before I properly registered, oops. This blog is such a great way to keep us all posted, thank you so much! Luke is so beautiful and I'm sure you are appreciating each moment home with him.

Much love, Linda Pullinsi from free arts

Courtney said...

Yea! I am the first person to comment on this post!

I'm so happy everything is well! Luke already has classic Joe Flower's serious face... I can see the actor brain spinning in there.

Also, I want to point out that since I am the sister Joe never had, that technically makes me Luke's aunt. He can call me Aunt Beru if you want. Just sayin'.

Also, can Kath and I please have your address? We have a baby gift for that little guy!

Unknown said...

I am so glad Luke is now at home with you! Thanks again for the update!

Susan said...

I am thrilled to hear you guys are all home! Enjoy this special time. The teenage years will be a breeze! I've been out of town, but hoping my good vibes have been reaching you all. Luke is adorable and so so precious.

all my love

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and sending love and prayers. You are truly an amazing family and we are thrilled that Luke is home with you!
Sending Love,
Lauren and Ramsey Margison

Marcos said...

Tears! Tears for the Flowers! They are streaming down my face and across my fat gut. :)

I'm so happy for you all and can't wait to meet little Luke!

Love ya!

p.s. Anika saw Luke's pictures and has already volunteered to babysit.

Anonymous said...

Thank God you are home...
I can't wait to meet Luke. He is a beautiful baby. I hope all you have to worry about is diapers and sleep....All my love and prayers, Lukes Great Aunt Vikki

Cheryl Chaney Offi said...

Congratulations! We're so glad to hear the great news.

Unknown said...

I came across your blog while doing research for Phoenix Children's Hospital. Your story about Luke was very touching and I think it'd help give hope to other parents in similar situations. PCH has set-up a website that allows parents, patients and hospital staff to share their inspirational stories with others. I think that your story would make a great addition to the website.

The website is an an interactive time-line that shows stories over the 25 years that PCH has been operating. The website can be found at the following URL:

www.celebratepch.com

I hope that you will consider sharing your inspiring story with others.

Brandon