Wednesday, March 19, 2008

More news from the opening act . . .

Quick update from Big Poppa -

Mom is doing great. Jessica is bouncing back quickly because she is a strong Taurus. Luke had to spend a few hours in the neo-natal care unit because his blood sugar was low due to stress at birth - he didn't want to come out, hence the c-section delivery. So we spent several hours after the delivery just trying to recover and sleep. Once he got some food in his belly his blood sugar stabilized he was brought back to our room and we have been kickin' with the Luke for several hours now.

Luke is remarkably calm and responsive. He doesn't cry (yet - knock on wood) and when he's not sleeping he loves to look around at things. Jess and I have determined that he has Bolton eyes, Flowers eye lashed, a Bolton nose, a Flowers sized-mega-cranium, and Joe Flowers long limbs, feet, and fingers. He's got lots of hair which is a mix of blond, brunette, and auburn.

Here's some more pics of Luke at age 10 minutes!



3 comments:

Jessica Crozier said...

I'm so glad everyone is doing well and is healthy. I was thinking it was C-Section due to nice blue cap on Jess and angle of photo! She'll bounce back! Jess, I'll text you because I'd love to visit if you're up to it!

Helena Handbasket said...

I love him. It is so neat to see the family resemblances. In the first photos I thought he looked exactly like Jess, only with long feet! But then in the other photos you’ve posted he looks like Jeff Chapman to me. :)

amanda m said...

What a handsome little man! Happy to hear that everyone is recovering nicely. I hope you all get to go home soon, as a family.