Well, we are about 3 1/2 weeks away from meeting Cletus D. Fetus #2 (also known as Baby Buster). And we are all VERY excited. I had a dream the other night that he was hear and I was holding him in his yellow and green snuggie. He was gurgling and cooing and pooping and spitting up. He smelled like baby and smiled when I put him down on the floor. A very easy-going kind of guy. It made me thrilled to know that I will be holding him in a month. This pregnancy has been a total breeze and a blessing. It is SO much easier the second time around, knowing what to expect and how your body will react. I have bee working hard to stay in shape, both so I can keep up with Luke and so I can prepare my body for a VBAC. I'm proud of myself for some of the steps I've taken and prep I've done to be ready for this: from breathing and yoga, to regular workouts, drinking pregnancy tea and hiring a doula, we feel as prepared as we can be to try to make this birth experience one that we can feel in control of.
It has been a true joy to experience this pregnancy with Luke. He has been excited from the beginning, naming the baby Buster and then Max. He came with us to the 20 week ultrasound and held my hand through the entire thing. At one point her remarked, "This is so cool! I am looking inside the human body!" He has asked some great questions like "Doesn't the baby get all messy when you eat mom?" which led us to a very anatomical discussion about the uterus. He also asked how the baby will come out. I described how he was born (C-Section_ and the other way a baby is born. He thought about it hard for a while and then said, "Mom, I think you should do the way where you push and push and push because I am very worried about them cutting you with that knife." What a sweet boy. He helped us wash all the baby clothes and prepare the room and has been setting aside toys and clothes (and an old toothbrush) to give the baby when he's big enough. He did tell me , in no uncertain term, that the baby was not allowed in his room under any circumstance. That's a fair comprise I think. And last weekend he looked up at me as we were cooking in the kitchen together and said, "Mom, I think I'm more excited to meet my baby brother than I am for Christmas." I mean, it doesn't get any better than that!
We are blessed and ready for a great Christmas season and many weeks of family time. Thanks in advance to our families who will help us on this journey and my wonderful husband who has worked so hard this year to help us save money so that I can take a long maternity leave and go back to work part time in the spring so I can spend more time with our family.
Friday, December 9, 2011
Cletus D Fetus #2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment