Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Luke is 5 - a letter from mom


Luke!

You turned 5 this week and what an outrageous week it was!  We began at the train park, celebrating with Grandma and Grandpa.  On Tuesday we had a family celebration at the zoo and at home.  We saw tigers and lions and lots of goats and giraffes.  Luke kept getting presents and seeing family members like Diane and GG all week long.  On Saturday 15 of your friends came to our park to celebrate.  It was a party!  We had a piñata an egg hunt and played with the parachute.  You were an impressive host, welcoming everyone, giving them instructions and thanking every person afterwards.  I was so proud of you!

I truly can’t believe how much you’ve grown up this year.  You’re brave and confident, always excited to try new things and meet new people.  You’re smart and inquisitive, which means you ask a lot of questions.  In fact, I think talking about your questions is one of my favorite things to do with you.  You make me smarter by helping me think about things in a way that I maybe haven’t before.  Come to think of it, you make me better in a lot of ways.  I watch you when you meet new people, how open and happy you are . . . how much you love being around friends and family and I wish that everyone in the world could be as friendly as you – what a happy place it would be! 

You work hard and love to learn.  This will make you a great kindergarten student next year!  I can’t wait to have you teach me all the things you’re learning in school.  It is so exciting to learn alongside you!  You’re so helpful to me and to our family – I really feel like we’re a team.  Thanks for that – for making our family better.

I see you struggle sometimes, with your brother, or when you’re trying to listen and make good choices.  You work hard at that.  Thank you.  You should know that even when you make choices that I don’t like, I still love you.

Happy 5th Birthday Luke!  I love you mucho much.

And remember, this year and always:  Always be brave.  Never give up.  You are loved.


Mom



No comments: