Saturday, January 5, 2013

1 year of Ben!

Yesterday Ben turned one.  This has been the best and most speedy year of my life.  I can't believe a year has gone by.  Having Ben in our lives has made us all better people.  I am mush more grounded and relaxed, Joe is an even more invested Daddy and Luke has found a lifelong friend and someone (besides his stuffed animals) that he can take care of.  Last month on the way to the park he said to me:

" Mom, it's good now because I will always have a friend beside me".
"What do you mean Luke?" 
"I mean, like if there aren't any kids at the park to play with I still have a friend beside me to play with always and it's Ben!" 

Clearly, brothers are awesome! 

At one year of age Ben can walk, crawl up the stairs in a bout 5 seconds, eat anything and everything (even with only 2 teeth!)  Say about 10 words and do about 10 signs, sort several shapes in sorter toys, understand and follow direction (Ben, please get your shoes and bring them to me.  Ben, can you pull the drain in tub?)  He loves apples, balloons, eating, drumming, coloring, cuddling with soft stuff crawling in and out of bins and baskets, and reading .  It is hard to get through an entire book though because when he hears a word he recognizes or sees a picture that he remembers from another book he has to find that book and the page that thing is on and show you that they are the same. 


We recently went on a trip to Colorado for a wedding and Ben LOVED learning about the airplane.  He understood that we were up high and wanted to look out the windows at landing and take off.  He's found pictures of airplanes and will tell us (using signs) about them.  I'm so proud of him and how much he loves to learn and the joy and peace he has brought to our house.  As Joe said, "Of all the angel babies in heaven, I'm sure glad that Ben chose us!" 





No comments: