Friday, December 7, 2012

Learning from my boys

Today at the Children's Museum I watched from afar as Luke helped 2 young girls (2 years old) slide balls down the ball ramp.  He took care to make sure they each got a turn, encouraged them to play and lifted each of them up so they could reach.  The girls' dads watched in amazement and then thanked Luke and told him that he was "a great kid".  I had tears in my eyes as I watched him.  So giving, so selfless, such a patient, loving teacher.  He is already (at 4 and a half) everything I hoped he'd be.



Benjamin loved exploring the museum, carrying balls around, watching people, banging on drum and "driving" cars.  It was amazing to watch to the wonder in his eyes and see the museum in a whole new way.  I am blessed to have these two, who rarely fight and never cry, who travel with ease  and know how to relax, who communicate well beyond their years and make me, each and every day, a better person. 


No comments: