Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A clean bill of health

Luke and I visited Dr. Wood at PCH today for what is, for all intensive purposes, his final visit for his Neuroblastoma. He was given a clean bill of health. No cancer cells, no "lumps or bumps", as Dr. Wood likes to say. He got a little sentimental when he talking to us, remarking how strong and great Luke looked and how cute he was. It must feel good as a doctor to know that there are little miracles in the world that can heal themselves. I got sentimental too just being in that building and remembering being there 2 years ago exactly and having no idea what was going to happen. It really all seems like a very bad, very fuzzy dream now. Like it happened to another family and I just heard or read about it somewhere. Luke will not have any other challenges or complications. He will not be more inclined to get other cancers in the future. We are so lucky and blessed.



1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That is the BEST news I have heard in a long time! Congratulations to all of you!

Happy birthday Luke!

Love, Becky