Friday, November 20, 2009

Our Book Worm


These days Luke is talking non-stop. It is amazing to me how smart and how much like a "real person" he is after only being alive for 20 months! I know that sounds bad but it is still shocking to me that we can have a conversation, that he can clean up his own messes, feed himself, sing and have a dance party with me after such a short time! He most recently astounded me when we were in his room and I noticed a light bulb in his ceiling fan fixture was out. I said "Luke, mom's going to go find a light bulb for your light, ok?" and left the room. When I came back he had opened up the bathroom door, gone in, picked up his stool, carried it into the room and placed it under the ceiling fan/ light. I walked in and he said "Light bulb, stool!" He had brought me the stool to stand on to change the bulb. How he knew to do that I do not know! We have never changed a light bulb together before. . . . crazy!

Besides dancing, watching finding Nemo and playing with tools, his other favorite thing to do is take all of the books off of the shelves and "read" them. He takes each book off, flips through it carefully as if reading the words and puts it in a pile on the floor. Then when he is done he attempts to put them all back on the shelf. Kudos to babysitter Sandra who has taught him the fine art of cleaning up! She rocks!

Luke can also pick out individual instruments when listening to music. In the car the other day he talked about the drums, the guitar and the piano in a piece of music. I don't think I could do this until I was 16!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I can't believe how big Luke is and how much he can do! This was so much fun to read! I hope we can get together over the holiday -- I'll be in AZ from the 16-27.
Love,
Becky