Monday, August 17, 2009

Big Man

Well, Luke is continuing to grow and learn more everyday. He says over 50 words now and walks and runs and spins and dances. Many of the words he says he speaks with a foreign accent: "ball" and up sounding very French, and words like "Hop" and Diaper" end up sounding like "Hoppa" and Diap-a" - very Italian! He continues to be obsessed with all things musical. He loves to play the piano and harmonica and his favorite thing in the world is the guitar ("tar"). He begs to watch the Muppet show - especially one particular segment when Roy Clark plays 4 stringed instruments Brady Bunch style (in various windows on the screen) while singing Rocky Top Tennessee (I think I have a new-found love/hatred for Country music!). He has also watched the DVD of the musical Fosse about 90 times through. While I belive in and abide by the thought that exposing children under the age of 2 to TV will rot their brains, I at least take comfort in the fact that at least his rotted brain will hold some fond memories of music and dance! Luke is also enjoying his first real taste of socialization at the babysitter's house each week. He really likes playing with Peyton who is 1 year older than him and also really appreciates having so many new toys to explore! We love our little man so much and think it is so fun to watch him learn something new everyday! And now on to potty training!
Love,
Jessica

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Does it even surprise you he has such a love for music and dance? It sounds like you guys are doing great and Luke is growing up so fast! I miss you so much! Thanks for posting!